Who doesn't love the classic combination of gooey marshmallows, luscious chocolate, and crisp graham crackers? S'mores have always been a campfire favorite, but what if we could capture that same magic in a delectable cookie? In this blog post, we bring you a dairy-free twist on the beloved s'mores, introducing you to the tantalizing world of S'mores Cookies! These soft and chewy treats are perfect for any occasion, from cozy evenings at home to summer gatherings with friends. So, let's dive into the recipe and whip up these mouthwatering delights!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR S'MORES COOKIES
- 1 cup dairy-free butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup aquafaba
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 chocolate bars, chopped or broken into pieces
HOW TO MAKE S'MORES COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the dairy-free butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, and honey until light and fluffy. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the aquafaba and vanilla extract to the cookie dough, mixing until everything is thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in the mini marshmallows distributing them evenly throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough into balls.
- Spread out each cookie dough ball and add chopped chocolate to the middle and wrap the dough around the chocolate. This will ensure the chocolate stays in the center of the cookie.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart to allow for spreading.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown. The centers may appear slightly undercooked, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- As the cookies cool, the marshmallows will become delightfully gooey with a melted chocolate interior, mimicking the texture of a classic s'more.
S'mores Cookies are a creative twist on the traditional s'mores experience, offering all the flavors you love in a portable and irresistible cookie form. With the combination of gooey marshmallows, melted chocolate, and a hint of cinnamon, these dairy-free treats are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Whether you're vegan, lactose intolerant, or simply looking for a new way to enjoy s'mores, these cookies are the answer. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to embark on a delicious adventure of taste and texture with these delightful S'mores Cookies!
More Recipes to Try: