Hot Cocoa Cookies
The warm, comforting and delicious taste of hot cocoa in cookie form! The rich chocolate cookie, soft and gooey marshmallow and the melted chocolate on top make this the ultimate hot cocoa cookie. Not to mention, this recipe is dairy and egg-free. A cookie perfect for the holiday season!
If you love a warm cup of hot cocoa on a cold winter night, then you will LOVE these hot cocoa cookies! These cookies taste exactly like hot cocoa. The soft and chewy chocolate cookies are rich, flavorful, and topped with a large gooey marshmallow. Then top all that off with some warm melted chocolate! You could add some holiday sprinkles for a more festive look.
INGREDIENTS FOR HOT COCOA COOKIES
Light Brown Sugar
Aquafaba (Liquid from a can of Chickpeas)
Baking Soda & Baking Powder
Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
Dark Chocolate, Melted (Enjoy Life)
HOW TO MAKE HOT COCOA COOKIES
Hot cocoa cookies are super easy and quick to make! These cookies are a hit with kids and adults.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- First, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- With a mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the aquafaba and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until dough forms and no flour streaks remain.
- Scoop the dough into about 26 cookies. Flatten the dough slightly before baking.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 minutes. While baking, cut large marshmallows in half. Remove cookies from oven and add one-half marshmallow onto each cookie, pressing lightly, then bake in the oven for an additional 3 minutes.
- While allowing the cookies to cool slightly, heat half a cup of chocolate to drizzle on top of the cookies.
STORING HOT COCOA COOKIES
Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
You can also make the dough ahead of time and freeze it for later! First, add the dough to a freezer bag or airtight container. Freeze for up to three months. Then, allow it to come to room temperature before baking.
Hot cocoa cookies are the perfect holiday cookie to enjoy all winter long! Pair it with a cup of hot cocoa for absolute perfection!
MORE SEASONAL COOKIES TO TRY: