No-Churn Neapolitan Ice Cream
This no-churn ice cream recipe is the BEST dairy-free homemade ice cream you will ever need! With all three flavors: strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate, you won't need to decide which flavor to make. Finally, dairy-free ice cream with no coconut flavor!
This no-churn dairy-free ice cream requires a few ingredients to make the perfect homemade ice cream. The first ingredient will take some time, but it will be worth it in the end.
The first step to making this ice cream dairy-free is homemade dairy-free sweetened condensed milk. You can find the details to make it HERE.
After making the sweetened condensed milk and allowing it to refrigerate, you can begin making your ice cream.
INGREDIENTS FOR DAIRY-FREE NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
- Dairy-free Heavy Whipping Cream (Silk or Country Crock)
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (dairy-free, homemade)
- Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla Bean Paste
- Cocoa Powder
- Strawberry Emulsion
- Freeze-dried Strawberries (powder)
TOOLS NEEDED FOR MAKING ICE CREAM
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Several Mixing Bowls
- Spatulas for mixing
- 8x8 pan or dish
HOW TO MAKE NO-CHURN ICE CREAM
First, we will start with what I will call the "base recipe." This is the recipe we begin with before splitting to create the three different flavors.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip 2 1/2 cups of dairy-free heavy whipping cream and one teaspoon of vanilla extract for 4 to 5 minutes until stiff peaks form. **Use pictures for guidance.
- While continuing to mix, slowly add the 14 ounces of homemade dairy-free sweetened condensed milk. You want to add this slowly, so it does not deflate your whipping cream. Once all the condensed milk is added, continue mixing for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now split the mixture evenly among three mixing bowls to create the different flavors. Follow the next steps for each individual flavor.
Vanilla Ice Cream:
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste to one of the mixing bowls and mix until combined. This will give an added vanilla flavor and using paste will provide more of a vanilla look. If you do not have the paste, you can substitute it for more vanilla extract.
Chocolate Ice Cream:
- In another mixing bowl, sift in 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and mix until just combined. Do not skip sifting, or you could end up with clumps of cocoa powder in your ice cream.
Strawberry Ice Cream:
- If you do not have powdered freeze-dried strawberries, you will need to use a food processor to blend them into a powder.
- Add one teaspoon of strawberry emulsion to the last mixing bowl and four tablespoons of freeze-dried strawberries. Mix until combined.
HOW TO CREATE NEAPOLITAN ICE CREAM
- Using an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan or dish, split the dish into thirds by covering a small cardboard piece with aluminum foil. You want this to be thick, so it does not move much when you pour the ice cream.
- After splitting the pan into thirds, begin by pouring a flavor of ice cream into each section.
- Place the ice cream into the freezer for 5 to 6 hours or overnight. The longer you let the ice cream freeze, the better because you do not want it too soft to scoop.
- When you are ready to serve, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for approximately 5 minutes to allow the ice cream to soften to scoop.
- Serve individually or together and enjoy!
Every dairy-free ice cream recipe I have ever come across has had coconut cream as an ingredient. While it is acceptable for others, I am NOT a coconut fan, and neither are my kids. This ice cream recipe will last approximately one week in the freezer, if you don't eat it before then.
This ice cream recipe has been in the works for a year now, and I am so excited to be able to share it with you now! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! This ice cream is unbelievably delicious, and you will not believe it is dairy-free!