Cinnamon Roll Cookies
Cinnamon roll cookies are the perfect choice when you crave cinnamon rolls but do not have time to make any. These cookies are quick and easy to make! Cinnamon roll cookies have the best sugar cookie base, with swirls of cinnamon filling inside and drizzling with a cream cheese glaze. No one will even suspect that these cookies are dairy and egg-free.
Cinnamon rolls are utterly delicious, but sometimes you don't have enough time or energy to make them. But now you can whip up these cinnamon roll cookies and get that same fantastic taste!
Cinnamon Roll Cookies Are:
- Soft and chewy
- Quick and easy to make
- Filled with swirls of cinnamon filling
- Topped with a cream cheese glaze
- It tastes like an actual cinnamon roll
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON ROLL COOKIES
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of melted butter, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, one tablespoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg. Then roll or scoop into small pea-sized balls and place on a baking sheet. Freeze for about 15 minutes. This is your cinnamon filling. While the cinnamon filling is freezing, make the cookie dough.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside for later use.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the aquafaba and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and continue mixing until mostly combined. Before the flour is incorporated into the dough, add the frozen cinnamon filling and mix until combined.
- Scoop dough using a 1/4 measuring cup and roll in 1/4 cup sugar.
7. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 13 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding cream cheese glaze.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
Cream cheese glaze is a must for cinnamon roll cookies to give them the same taste as an actual cinnamon roll. While it is optional, I highly recommend adding it to the tops of your cookies or even using it to dip them!
- Cream together the room-temperature butter and cream cheese.
- Once combined, sift in the powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Either use a spoon or piping bag to drizzle the glaze over the baked cookies.
These cinnamon roll cookies are next-level and are the perfect excuse to have cookies for breakfast!
Do these cookies have you craving actual cinnamon rolls?! Find the recipe for dairy and egg-free cinnamon rolls here.
More cookie recipes to try: