Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Traditional Christmas cookies that are rich and fudgy and full of chocolatey goodness! These chocolate crinkle cookies are a staple cookie for holiday baking and are entirely dairy and egg-free.
Crinkle cookies are known for their crackly tops that form when baking. These cookies take a roll in powdered sugar before baking, which helps show off that cracking look.
Chocolate crinkle cookies are like homemade brownies in cookie form. The centers are soft and chewy, while the edges are crispy and crackly. These chocolate crinkle cookies are melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE CRINKLES
Dutch-Processed Cocoa Powder
Aquafaba (Liquid from a can of chickpeas)
Powdered Sugar for rolling
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the aquafaba and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture until no flour streak remains.
- Add the powdered sugar to a bowl or plate. Scoop the dough, using an ice cream scoop, and roll in the powdered sugar, completely coating the dough—Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Once you make these cookies, you will want to continue the tradition of making them every holiday season!
Made this recipe? Let me know what you think, and tag me @thethreelittlespoons.
More Holiday Cookies: