Zucchini Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
These super moist chocolate cupcakes are out of this world delicious and topped with mouth-watering peanut butter frosting! There are so many things right with these cupcakes that you cannot go wrong. These cupcakes are unbelievably delicious despite being dairy and egg-free! Not to mention how healthy these cupcakes are compared to your average cupcakes.
ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
I know what you are thinking... zucchinis in a chocolate cupcake? So gross! Well, I am here to tell you that zucchinis are magical and make the driest cupcakes into light and delectable bites of heaven! Just trust me on this!
I made these cupcakes for my family, and I will tell you, they can be nitpicky sometimes about cupcakes. Especially chocolate cupcakes! So I decided to do what was best and did not mention anything about zucchini being an ingredient. I can be sneaky! These cupcakes were a hit! Even some kids who disliked chocolate gobbled these cupcakes down without hesitation. When I finally mentioned that they contained zucchini, minds were blown!
HOW TO MAKE ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
All you need to make the cupcakes are two mixing bowls, a cupcake tin, and mixing spatulas.
- In one bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a second bowl: dairy-free milk, vinegar, vanilla extract, and vegetable oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix by hand using a whisk until combined.
- Fold in the grated (squeeze excess water) zucchini to the batter.
- Scoop the batter into a cupcake tin. Fill each cupcake 2/3rds full—Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 27 minutes. Allow to cool before adding frosting.
PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Now that is all just about the chocolate cupcakes. Next, let's talk about peanut butter frosting. What goes better with chocolate other than peanut butter?! This peanut butter frosting is light, creamy, and super delicious.
How to make Peanut Butter Buttercream:
- Beat the room-temperature butter with a mixer until light and creamy.
- Add the creamy peanut butter and continue mixing until combined.
- Sift the powdered sugar into the mixing bowl and continue mixing on low until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix on medium until light and creamy.
- Add to a piping bag with any desired piping tip. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
HOW TO MAKE THESE CUPCAKES SUGAR-FREE
I love how easy it is to make this cupcake (and most) recipe into a sugar-free one! I prefer to use Monkfruit sweetener as my sugar replacement. For the cupcake portion, measure the same amount of monk fruit sweetener listed in the recipe and follow the instructions accordingly.
For the peanut butter frosting, I used monk fruit sweetener in powdered form. Again, make sure that it is a 1:1 ratio. I always sift this powdered sugar as it tends to clump, and you do not want clumps in your frosting.
The best part about making this sugar-free recipe is that you cannot tell the difference. Monk fruit sugar replacement makes these cupcakes extra healthy. These zucchini chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting are packed with protein and veggies and contain zero sugar.
More Recipes To Try: