Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thick, soft, and chewy chocolate chip cookies loaded with peanut butter. The classic peanut butter and chocolate combination will satisfy those sweet and salty cravings.
Growing up, the only way to eat peanut butter was by the spoon. But that spoonful of peanut butter always left you craving something sweet. Now you can have the best of both worlds with this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST COOKIES
- Be sure to use room temperature butter. You will beat your butter and peanut butter together and want it to blend smoothly.
- Use creamy peanut butter and make sure it's not oily, which could affect how your cookie bakes. I used Jif creamy peanut butter.
- For the best egg replacement, I prefer Egg Replacer for this recipe.
- Use a 1/4 measuring cup to measure out the dough to ensure each cookie turns out thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remember the cookie centers will continue baking after removing them from the oven.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. I prefer to use parchment paper to keep cookie bottoms from browning too much.
- Whisk together your all-purpose flour and baking soda in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Prepare your egg replacement according to package instructions (mix egg replacer and water) for two eggs and set aside to allow to thicken.
- Beat your room temperature dairy-free butter and peanut butter until blended smoothly. Next, add the granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat again until combined.
- Add the egg replacer and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- While mixing on low, slowly add your flour and baking soda mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Fold in your semi-sweet chocolate chips. Then measure out the dough with 1/4 cup and place it on the baking sheet—Bake for approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
This recipe makes approximately 19 cookies.
These cookies come together quickly and easily for any moment that peanut butter and chocolate craving hits.