Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
Strawberry shortcake is a classic dessert loved by many, but have you ever thought about transforming it into a delightful cookie? In this blog post, we bring you a recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Cookies that combine the flavors of buttery shortcake, sweet strawberries, and creamy white chocolate. These cookies are not only delicious but also dairy-free, making them accessible to a wider range of dessert enthusiasts. So, let's dive into this delightful and creative recipe!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE COOKIES
- 1 cup dairy-free butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package (3.4 oz) white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/3 cup aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp strawberry emulsion (optional, for an extra burst of strawberry flavor)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup freeze-dried strawberries, lightly crushed
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE COOKIES
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the dairy-free butter, granulated sugar, and white chocolate pudding mix until light and fluffy. The pudding mix adds a creamy texture and enhances the flavor of the cookies.
- Incorporate the aquafaba, vanilla extract, and strawberry emulsion (if using) into the butter-sugar mixture. Aquafaba is a fantastic egg substitute that helps bind the ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition. This will form a soft and slightly sticky cookie dough.
- Gently fold in the white chocolate chips and freeze-dried strawberries. The white chocolate chips will add a touch of sweetness and creaminess, while the freeze-dried strawberries provide bursts of fruity flavor and a hint of tartness.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, portion out the dough and place them onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a couple of inches of space between each cookie.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the back of a spoon or your fingers. This will give them a more traditional shortcake appearance.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes or until they are lightly golden around the edges. Be careful not to overbake to maintain their soft and tender texture.
- Once baked, allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoying the Fruity Delights:
Now that your Strawberry Shortcake Cookies are ready, it's time to savor their delightful flavors! These cookies are perfect for any occasion, whether it's a casual get-together, a family picnic, or a sweet treat for yourself.
The combination of buttery shortcake, sweet white chocolate, and tangy strawberries will leave your taste buds craving for more. The aquafaba ensures a soft and chewy texture, while the freeze-dried strawberries provide a burst of intense strawberry flavor in every bite.
These cookies can also be a creative addition to dessert platters or cookie gift boxes. Consider pairing them with a cup of hot tea or a refreshing glass of cold milk to complement their flavors.
Strawberry Shortcake Cookies offer a delightful twist on the traditional dessert, providing a portable and delicious way to enjoy the flavors of strawberry shortcake.
HOW TO MAKE INTO A COOKIE CAKE
Did you know you can make ANY of my cookie recipes into a cookie cake?! You can do this by following these super simple instructions!
- After making the cookie dough, instead of scooping into individual servings, press the dough into an 8in springform pan or cake pan. I like to use a springform pan because it's easier to remove the cookie cake without risking breaking it.
- You will bake this at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes then increase the temperature to 400 degrees F and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Your cookie cake will continue baking in the middle while cooling.
You can find my Cookie Cake recipe HERE.
More Recipes to Try: