Here's a classic snickerdoodle but with a twist. Instead of thin and crispy, these snickerdoodles are thick and soft-baked to perfection! Snickerdoodles with super soft centers and a lightly crunchy cinnamon-sugar outer edge are every cinnamon lover's dream.
WHAT IS A SNICKERDOODLE?!
What comes to mind when you hear of snickerdoodle? I mean, what is a snickerdoodle anyway? The cookie base of a snickerdoodle is similar to that of a sugar cookie. But what sets this cookie apart is each cookie dough ball gets rolled in a cinnamon-sugar mix before baking to perfection.
INGREDIENTS FOR SNICKERDOODLES
- Dairy-free Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Egg Replacement or Aquafaba
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Cinnamon & Sugar, for rolling
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THESE SNICKERDOODLES
- Super soft
- Slight cinnamon-sugar crunch
- Thick and chewy
- Perfect amount of cinnamon in every bite
- No chilling required
- Quick and easy to make
- Dairy and Egg-Free
TIPS FOR MAKING EXTRA SOFT SNICKERDOODLES
- Only use room temperature butter to keep the mixture smooth and creamy. We don't want lumps of butter!
- Baking powder is your leavener for these cookies that help create the soft and pillowy cookie.
- Sift your flour! Sifting your flour before adding it will help the dough stay soft and help you from overmixing your dough.
- The trick is to underbake your snickerdoodles. Bake them for only 11 to 12 minutes. The centers will continue baking after removing them from the oven. This keeps the centers soft and chewy and the perfect light crisp on the outer edges.
While these snickerdoodles can last for several days and still keep their soft texture, they will more than likely get eaten before then. So go ahead and make it a double batch!