Banana Pudding Cookies
The perfect cookie with all the banana pudding flavor without the hassle of making the banana pudding itself. With a soft and chewy texture, subtle banana flavor, and delightful mix-ins, these cookies are sure to be a hit with everyone. Plus, they're easy to make and perfect for those with dietary restrictions. So why not indulge in a little sweetness with these scrumptious cookies?
Today, I'm sharing a recipe for dairy and egg-free banana pudding cookies that are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe is perfect for anyone who is vegan or has a dairy or egg allergy. These cookies are made with dairy-free butter, banana cream pudding, and aquafaba - the liquid from a can of chickpeas that works as an egg replacement in baking. Let's get started!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR BANANA PUDDING COOKIES
- Dairy-free butter
- Granulated sugar
- Banana cream pudding mix
- Aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas)
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- White chocolate chips
- Vanilla wafer chunks
- Additional granulated sugar (for rolling)
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE BANANA PUDDING COOKIES
- They are soft, chewy, and packed with a subtle banana flavor.
- The addition of white chocolate chips and vanilla wafer chunks gives the cookies a delightful texture and flavor.
- They are dairy and egg-free, making them a great option for vegans or anyone with dietary restrictions.
- The recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients you likely already have in your pantry.
- Rolling the dough balls in granulated sugar before baking creates a beautiful, crackly exterior and adds sweetness to the cookies.
- These cookies are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without feeling guilty about it.
- They are a great option for a quick and easy dessert, snack, or gift for friends and family.
- They can be stored in an airtight container or frozen for later enjoyment.
- Simply put, they are a delicious and delightful treat that everyone is sure to love!
HOW TO MAKE BANANA PUDDING COOKIES
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the dairy-free butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the banana cream pudding, aquafaba, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and vanilla wafer chunks.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, portion the dough into balls.
- Roll each ball in the additional sugar until coated.
- Place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THESE COOKIES
- Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure your dairy-free butter, aquafaba, and vanilla extract are at room temperature before starting the recipe. This will help them mix together more easily and create a smooth batter.
- Chill the dough: After rolling the dough into balls, chill them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will help prevent the cookies from spreading too much and keep their shape during baking.
- Use a cookie scoop: Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion out the dough will ensure that each cookie is the same size and bakes evenly.
- Coat the cookies in sugar: Rolling the cookie dough balls in additional granulated sugar before baking will create a beautiful, crackly exterior and add a nice sweetness to the cookies.
- Store leftovers properly: Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cookies for up to 2 months and thaw them at room temperature before serving.
By following these tips and tricks, you'll be able to make delicious and perfect dairy and egg-free banana pudding cookies every time!
These dairy and egg-free banana pudding cookies are absolutely delicious! They're soft, chewy, and full of banana flavor. The addition of white chocolate chips and vanilla wafer chunks adds a nice crunch to each bite. They're perfect for a snack or dessert, and can be enjoyed by everyone, regardless of dietary restrictions.
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I do. Let me know in the comments below if you make these cookies and how they turn out for you. Until next time, happy baking!
More Cookies to Try: