Carrot Cake Cookies
Indulge in the perfect combination of warm spices and tangy cream cheese frosting with our irresistible Carrot Cake Cookies. These dairy-free treats are packed with freshly grated carrots and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. Try them now and get ready to fall in love with this delicious twist on classic carrot cake!
Today, I am sharing with you a recipe for Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing. These cookies are absolutely divine and perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR CARROT CAKE COOKIES
- Dairy-free butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Freshly grated carrots
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Spices: ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Dairy-free cream cheese
- Dairy-free butter
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
Tips & tricks for making these Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing:
- Grate your carrots fresh: Using freshly grated carrots instead of pre-packaged grated carrots will give your cookies a better texture and flavor.
- Soften your butter: Make sure to soften your dairy-free butter to room temperature before starting the recipe. This will help it to cream more easily with the sugar.
- Measure your flour carefully: Be sure to measure your flour accurately using a spoon to scoop it into your measuring cup and then level it off with a knife. This will help to prevent your cookies from becoming too dry or too dense.
- Use a cookie scoop: Using a cookie scoop will help your cookies to be more evenly sized and shaped, ensuring that they bake evenly.
- Let your cookies cool: After removing your cookies from the oven, let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help them to firm up and prevent them from breaking apart.
- Soften your cream cheese: Make sure to soften your dairy-free cream cheese to room temperature before making the frosting. This will help it to cream more easily with the butter and sugar.
- Frost your cookies when they are cool: Frosting your cookies while they are still warm can cause the frosting to melt and become runny. Wait until your cookies have cooled completely before frosting them for best results.
Follow these tips and tricks and you'll be on your way to making perfect Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing every time!
HOW TO MAKE CARROT CAKE COOKIES
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the dairy-free butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the aquafaba and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the freshly grated carrots until evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop a spoonful of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the dairy-free cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beating until the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, spread a dollop of cream cheese frosting on top of each cookie.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
These Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing are the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. The combination of warm spices, freshly grated carrots, and tangy cream cheese frosting is simply irresistible. Plus, they are completely dairy-free, making them a great option for those with dietary restrictions. I hope you give this recipe a try and let me know how it turns out!
More Recipes to Try: