These rich and creamy, melt-in-your-mouth cheesecake cupcakes are irresistible. They are perfectly bite-sized and packed full of flavor. The sweet and tangy cheesecake pairs perfectly with the graham cracker crust. Of course, you can add any topping you desire.
Cheesecake cupcakes are the perfect dessert for any occasion. They are quick and easy to make with no water bath needed!
After just one taste, you will be surprised to discover that they are dairy and egg-free!
CHEESECAKE CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese: I prefer to use Kite Hill cream cheese. You can try any dairy-free brand, but this will alter the flavor.
Granulated Sugar: Sugar sweetens both the crust and the cheesecake filling.
Corn Starch/Tapioca Flour/Arrowroot: These ingredients can be used interchangeably. They all work the same to thicken the cheesecake filling.
Dairy-Free Milk: I use almond milk, but feel free to use any dairy-free milk.
Lemon Juice: You will not taste the lemon at all, but it creates a chemical reaction within the cheesecake.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract enhances all the flavors in your cheesecake.
Graham Crackers: You will need to crush your graham crackers in either a food processor or a gallon resealable bag with a rolling pin for your crust.
Dairy-Free Butter: You will add melted butter to your crust to keep the crumbs together.
Ground Cinnamon: Cinnamon gives your crust added flavor but could omit.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix graham crackers, butter, sugar, and cinnamon: Crush your graham crackers using a food processor. Then add melted butter, sugar, and ground cinnamon and mix until combined. Be sure to use cupcake liners, or the cupcakes will be hard to remove.
- Press crumb mixture into cupcake tin: Be sure to press your crust amongst 12 cupcake wells.
- Bake crust and cool. Bake your crust only for five minutes at 325 degrees F and remove to cool while you prepare your cheesecake filling.
- Beat cream cheese: Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat your cream cheese for a few minutes until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of your bowl and beat for an additional minute.
- Add in granulated sugar: Blend in your sugar to your cream cheese and continue mixing for another couple of minutes.
- Add dry ingredients: Blend in your starch or flour of choice.
- Add wet ingredients: Blend in your dairy-free milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Scoop into cupcake tin: Scoop your cheesecake filling into your cupcake wells over the crust.
- Bake, chill, and refrigerate: Bake for another 20 minutes, remove from the oven and cool completely. Then refrigerate for at least 4 hours for the cheesecake to set, or it will be too soft. You can refrigerate overnight for the best results.
Cheesecake cupcakes can be versatile in that you can choose whichever topping or toppings you desire. You can use any flavor fruit topping or dairy-free whipping cream.
To make dairy-free whipped cream, beat one cup dairy-free heavy whipping cream on high until stiff peaks form. Then, add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and one teaspoon vanilla extract for additional sweetness and flavor to your whipped topping.
Once you make these cheesecake cupcakes, you won't be able to resist making them again and again! Try this cheesecake recipe in different sizes, such as a 4-inch cheesecake. Bake exactly as the cupcake recipe but in three 4-inch springform pans.